Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Thank God We Have Jesus: Most of All He Has Us


I affirm and practice the Christian religion by God’s amazing grace and because I studied the subject as I discovered substantial evidence for theism. I rationally found that God must exist and the contrary is not possible. Thus I aim to faithfully practice faith in Jesus because God saved me and calls me to follow Him; this includes a structured religious form. Countless intelligent believers have conveyed similar thoughts to me. Although the majority of the world, throughout the preponderance of history, has professed and embraced religion and theism, religion can often make some nonbelievers uncomfortable. Sartre claimed that he became an atheist because a man stared at him in public. He felt uncomfortable and dehumanized by becoming an object of the long stare of a stranger. He then reasoned: God is omnipresent, hence God must have His eyes perpetually on Sartre. But he did not like God gazing upon him. Many nonbelievers detest this fact; they are suppressing the truth in unrighteousness. Religion requires commitment and intelligent believers delight in this truth inasmuch as God lives.
These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God (1 John 5:13).
I know that God certainly exists and He has brought me into the covenant and promises through the person and work of Jesus Christ; this is a result of revelation and God’s effectual grace that actualizes my salvation. So I seek and enjoy my religious obligations. The name “Jesus” means God is my Savior (or God saves/delivers) and thus Jesus Christ’s name is an ideal fit since Jesus is both God and Savior. We all sin, we all fail, all men fall short and we need a Savior who removes our sins and replaces our sinful record with His perfect righteous record.

The claim that “Jesus is the only way to salvation” is not just a slogan, or a dogma tightly held due to intolerance, but it is true (Jesus is the truth), sufficient (He propitiated the wrath of an infinite God), effectual, and necessary (all men are sinners and require a Savior); moreover the exclusivity of Christ is clearly revealed in Scripture (John 14:6).

Job announced that he “knows my Redeemer lives” (Job 19:25). Paul declares, “I know in whom I have believed” (2 Timothy 1:12). It is impossible for the Christian Worldview to be false. I am saved by grace alone, and I have truth and certainty. It is impossible for God not to exist. Thank God we have Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment